Friday, August 22, 2008

We Have Two Babies

Blessing and Best Wishes to All,

We have just entered our second trimester and the time to spread the news has arrived.

The first few weeks were very bumpy. My HCG levels were low on my first test date. My first ultra sound at 6 weeks wasn't any better. The Dr. was surprised to see two sacks since my hormone levels only indicated one baby, and neither one with a heartbeat. "Maybe we are too early" I hoped. He just patted my back sadly and said...come back next week and we will look again. So I cried a lot and numbly waited out the days until the next week. At the next appointment the Dr. says with surprise "There really are two in there....and look...heartbeats this week". One was significantly smaller than the other so we talked about the possibility of that one disappearing and with luck I would get to keep one. "Come back next week, and we will look again" So at 8 weeks I head back in and the Dr. is confident that I have two strong heartbeats and he thinks the twins are here to stay.

1 comment:

DugganDefense said...

Double your pleasure, double your fun, two babies are better than one! Hooray, Elizabeth! I am SO happy for you, and I'm looking forward to seeing those cherubic little faces. You are a wonderful person, and you are going to be a great mommy all over again. You've done a wonderful job already! (The kids were probably thinking... good, good, good, good vibrations! lol) ~Carol