Tuesday, January 27, 2009

35 weeks plus

ok no new pictures. Robb is busy nesting...or his version of it. Which is clean the garage, put in a new hot water heater, install a new bathroom vent/fan. And last but not least... purchase a home beer brew kit and proceed to brew a 5 gallon batch of beer. Really... I say? But he has been very sweet and attentive to all my needs. Baking cookies and telling me "the babies want them".

I am in the process of packing my hospital bag. Gathering the baby stuff I want to take, like their books to put footprints in and going home clothes. Getting the car seats ready, which in MN includes a snow suit, extra blankets and the neet fleece covers that go over the car seat like a blanket but more fitted. Then their is my required stuff. My pillow and Koala bear are a must for my comfort. Go a head and laugh... but I NEED my FRIEND when I am scared. My exercise/birthing ball and pump and my huge breastfeeding pillow. So I can use it right from the start. Then add the IPOD docking station and my musical play list that Robb kindly put together for me with weekend. I think the staff at the Hospital is going to freak as my hubby comes in carrying all my stuff in a laundry basket, as is my way.

Dylan and I went through baby toys and cloth diapers this weekend. Both Robb and he looked totally lost when I tried to explain the difference between one brand of wrap vs another. Dylan had lots of good questions about powder (a no-no according to our baby class) and diaper creams (only used if needed). I also asked him if he would wear a baby in a carrier when we went out. He actually sat down and read the manual for one of the snugglie carriers you can either wear on your chest or back. He sounded really excited about the idea of getting to wear one of his sisters out shopping. I think I am going to have a wonderful helper. Dylan is already checking in on me with "can I get you anything" which is a big help when I want water and Robb is downstairs.

As for me I am huge beyond belief and in a lot of gravity related pain. With all my ligaments loosened up my knees are starting to hurt and I am getting carpel tunnel in my hands and arms. But the Dr. keep say....you are fine...keep on working.... I am now seeing a chiropractor (Heather's roommate from fashion school who changed careers) who is manipulating me with a method called the Webster Technique. The philosophy is that a baby will stay and grow where it feels most safe and in balance with your body. The fact that Zoe has yet to move anywhere other than sideways means she is happy where she is. Anyway....the idea is to get your pelvic bones, supporting ligaments and sacrum into a more advantageous and appropriate alignment for birth. With the hope that balancing the body will push they baby out of the comfort zone and into a head down position for a more natural child birth.

I have had 3 adjustments now and Lynn is going to continue to see me twice a week until the babies show up. Even if we are not successful in getting Azy to turn head down, the adjustments are well worth the effort as there is much pain relief for a day or two afterwards. The good news is I am starting to see and feel things that are telling me the babies are about a week away from being born. I won't gross you all with the details...but those of you with children may know what I am talking about. Lynn also felt a significant loosening of my pelvic ligaments which in her education also concludes that my body is getting ready for it's marathon event in the near future.
My energy levels are up, my sleep (what 3-4 hour chunks I get) are more restful and my need to get everything in order are all good indicators that delivery is indeed on the horizon.

I will try to keep you all more updated. And get some picture of my now cute and round belly. It is almost 11 pm and I am sure to regret that I stayed up so late. Oh well....it is just practice for those night time feedings.

Love, Blessings and Good Juju,
Elizabeth and the girls

1 comment:

Its a Berndt-DeGolier Life said...

I hope you're doing well! I hadn't heard from you but still have the gift i bought you for your shower.. can you email me your address? =) I bet you're having fun with all the little diapers and fun baby stuff!

Later

Nicole