Friday, January 30, 2009

Babies are turning..

For those who don't know I had a lot of back pain on Wednesday and went home early with contractions 20 minutes apart. Instead of going to the Dr right away they want you to drink a big glass of water, lie on your side for an hour and see if things increase or decrease. For me...it decreased. So what the heck was all the back pain for?

Babies are turning......Plan A didn't happen but Plan B is so much better. Azy is still breech but turned from facing my spine to facing front. A head down baby facing the spine causes a lot of back pain during labor (don't really know why). But our miracle is Zoe moved!! She is actually head down. She is still much higher up in my tummy and Azy is still the baby most engaged in my pelvis. But I honestly had no hope of Zoe moving from her sideways position until Azy was out. So here is plan B... I have a week to help gravity move my heaver Zoe down and hopefully push Azy out of the way and engage first in the pelvis. That way I have the bigger baby, head down and first to come out. They will only allow a breech if it is the second and smaller of the two. And that is if we can't get Azy to turn.

I have more chiropractic appointments scheduled to keep things moving. Now I am going to try all the other suggestions for moving babies. Like swimming, different yoga positions and the like.
My next OB appointment is next Friday (if I last that long). Besides the normal stuff they are going to do a more detailed ultra sound to gage size, weight and placement. And if things are not as we like I have scheduled an external version. Where they give me drugs to relax my muscles and try and turn the babies head down from the outside. So let's all keep our fingers crossed I can get my girls to turn without all the intervention and drugs.

I'll write more later...gotta get back to work.
Elizabeth :)

No comments: