Tuesday, February 3, 2009

36 weeks....are we there yet?

Yep..36 weeks as of yesterday...and still pregnant. My girls are still a moving and back pain is constant now. I pray all the pain means that my visions of babies head down for a natural birth are ahead of me.

I rallied the troops on Saturday and they heard my call. Nicole, Bhavna and Kyria all made it to my house on Saturday for the final act of cleaning and nesting for the sake of my sanity. Janell and Huyen made the offer for Sunday but we were able to get it all done...so they got the day off. For many of the other beloved friends and family.... I was simply asking at too short a notice for the help they had been offering all along. So to every single one of you... thank you.

Of particular note I must praise the extra love and attention of my sister-in-law Kyria. I am lucky because she lives less than 5 minutes away from me and up to this point has been a stay at home mom with some freedom (best of luck on the job hunting). She sat with me at the hospital one particularly scary night early on when Robb was out of town. She has cooked extra food to bring over. Invited our family over for multiple dinners. Taken Dylan off my hands for the day. And was at my house Saturday from 9-5:30 in a flurry of cleaning. Choose the not so fun stuff like the kitchen and bathroom, so my friends could do the fun stuff like fold and organize baby things. Then to top that off Dylan and I spent Sunday afternoon with her and her kids at the YMCA so I could float in the pool and get some relief from all the back pain. She has offered to help in so many ways that I have to wonder what I ever did to deserve such love and loyalty. I love you Kyria... and I won't forget all the kindness you have shown me.

I am very heavy with children at this point and am praying for delivery sometime Thursday on. Heather is flying in from Charlotte to stay from Thursday to Tuesday and we hope the babies will cooperate and be born while she is here. While I was whiny before from aches and pains I am now in that silent grin and bare it phase. Which is freaking out Robb because he knows how much pain I have to feel to actually not talk about it. My last day at work is Wednesday. I simply can't haul this body around the office and not cry.

I know I have been horrible with pictures. But I promise...there will be numerous pictures of the girls when they arrive (because I can take those). And honestly who's picture would you rather see anyway? Me looking tired, huge and uncomfortable. Or pictures of my little angel babies.

Back to work.
Love, Blessings and Good Juju,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie. You will see that when it is all over you don't really remember the pain. I wish no back labor for you. Please feel free to call us if you need any help. Or if you just want some company.

Anonymous said...

Get some rest, while you can. I hope the babies come while Heather is here. Call me if you need any thing, and when "the event" happens. I'm gone all day Sat, but home all day on Sun. Love and kind thoughts, Katrina

FQM said...

I know you have not posted about the births yet but I wanted to say again... CONGRATS! Love you!
~F