Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 15 Dr. Appointment

OK...I know...3 posts in one night....but I like nice clear cut reading.

I get to the clinic and wait 15 minutes alone in the waiting room. (I am sure I will complain about this a lot) I lost 5 pounds for which there was lots of "concern". Whatever...lots of people lose weight in the first trimester when morning sickness is the worst. The babies are still little parasites. They take everything I eat first. I had noticed that after a week of eating for less than one I was feeling weak and malnourished. But hey...that goes with the territory. Plus I started out with "extra padding" which is nature's way of making sure I have enough calories for all of us to live on.

The best part was getting a quick peak at the babies. They are now almost spooning with one right on top of the other. I had a new nurse to the clinic who grabbed a Sr. nurse to help her with the equipment. The Sr. Nurse couldn't stop laughing. "I just haven't seen two babies stacked up like that in a long time." They were both sleeping until all the jostling woke them up. Then Baby A on the bottom started to kick and poor Baby B would fly "up in the air". Then we watched as Baby B tried to squirm away from the offending kicks. It was so adorable.

I am sure some of you have wondered how my Multiple Sclerosis plays out during the pregnancy. The good news is that it should have no effects at all. For women who have more reoccurring symptoms they often find a reprieve during pregnancy with no symptoms at all. There are actually studies going on trying to pin point what it is about pregnancy that keeps symptoms at bay (which reminds me I need to call my Dr.) The only down side is there is an 80% chance of some sort of flair up, episode or "symptom" within 6 months of delivery. I am praying that if and when that happens to me it will again, be mild, and I can continue with out daily meds until I have weaned the babies.

That is all for now. We still don't know the babies true genders. I may be able to find out in two weeks at another appointment. But the two hour ultra sound is scheduled for 21weeks and by then we should be able to confirm genders. That is unless one of the babies is shy...but for those of you who know my husband...could any of his children ever be labeled as "shy"?

My Love and Best Wishes for Health and Happiness to you all,
Elizabeth :)

No comments: