Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week 16

Well it has been an up and down week.
Last Friday after a little romance with the hubby in the morning I felt what I would call a charlie horse of the uterus. The pain was sharp enough to have me calling in sick to rest. Later around 4:30 I got up from napping to find I was bleeding. A quick trip to the local Dr's office sent me racing to the emergency room. Robb was already half way to Indiana for a paintball trip and most of the people I thought to call right away were on the other side of town and an hour or more away in rush hour traffic. As I sat waiting and trying to remain calm I remembered my sister in law, Kyria, lives 15 minutes from my house. A quick call to her and she was sitting next to me keeping things light and humorous, offering me snacks from the vending machine and keeping me calm. A BIG thanks Kyria for being there!!

The Doctor in the emergency room was able to see that the babies were fine but with the their limited equipment were not able to tell me the cause. Just "rest over the weekend and call your Dr. on Monday". I called Robb on the way home from the hospital. He decided to leave right away Saturday morning to be home with us, which I found very sweet. I was surprised when I called my Dr. Monday morning on my way in to work that they were not worried at all and didn't see any reason to see me until my following appointment. A week and a half away!! I tried to remain calm and figured if I got scared again I would make them see me.

Well I got scared Tuesday morning and was able to be seen by an ultra sound tech later that afternoon. I had a sugary soda in the morning and a little while after that had lots of varying pain in my uterus. As a new Mom I still was unsure if I could feel the babies yet or not. Well....now I know... after giving the babies so much sugar they were having a disco in my belly and what I was feeling was them bouncing off the walls. It is funny to think of now.

The tech was able to tell me that I had a nice sized blood clot from a tear to my uterus. It is already healing and not interfering with the babies in any way. Baby A likes to kick the healing spot...so I feel that quite often. The babies are 5 oz, each about the size of a burrito and already up under my belly button. They are drinking amniotic fluid (which is normal) and have a healthy amount of fluid around them. So far they are healthy and growing just fine. I am on uterine rest for a few weeks to allow the tear to heal. In layman's terms...that means no more getting laid! A small price to pay for healthy kids. :)

I would say the best part about my week is now I can feel the babies. I can tell the difference between simple moving and active kicking. If I sit quiet and watch, I can actually see the movement from the outside which matches all the activity I feel inside. My extra padding keeps the movements to only visual right now. I would guess in another week or two Robb should be able to feel them moving around too.

So after last week's adventure I am content with all my aches and pains, knowing the babies are growing well and are just fine. I hope everyone who is reading is happy and healthy as well.
Love to you all,
Elizabeth

No comments: