Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weeks 14-15

Time is a flying.... week 14 had me feeling better. I was able to keep most food down but still not enough for 3 people. I also had to make a trip to my local Motherhood Maternity store to look for clothes.
Thankfully the store by my house does carry plus sizes. Two pair of work pants, 2 tops, a sweater, a tank top and various undergarments later I racked up quite a bill. An FYI to those of you who may end up shopping there...they run quite the racket!! I heard the sales lady say "all sales are final" and something about "returns within 10 days" which I took to mean the two summer tops I was getting on sale would not be returnable. But to my dismay, I had some buyer remorse and decided to return a few things. I was so excited I didn't even pay attention to how much I was spending! So I go back within "10 day" only to find out they will not give me cash or credit, even WITH the receipt! Instead I get a gift card for in store credit. I am still angry about it!! I am in the largest size they have now and by the end of my pregnancy I am sure it will be Mu Mu's from the Lane Bryant Catalog in size 30. So my friends be wary of how you spend in their store....

Week 15 is not going as smoothly as I had hoped. I have been sick again. Mostly heaving all morning again until around noon. I eat...get sick an hour later...lose half...eat some more...get sick an hour later...and repeat the cycle until the food finally stays down, which it eventually does. All the while sipping on cold water.

My sister in law, Kyria, asked about cravings in a comment. My first trimester it was mostly sour stuff. Sour lemonade, sour candy, limes in my water. It all tasted good but I don't think the acid helped my stomach much. The last few weeks it has been carbs. My guess would be since I am only getting enough food for one person, my body is demanding high calorie, dense carbs. Pasta and Rice is what sounds good right now. A major aversion is meat. It makes me queasy to see it raw. When I try to eat it, it just tastes yucky. Fish and Crab (my favorite) have not been a problem. And this last weekend Robb made his first "official trip to the store" to get me what I was craving. French Silk Pie

No comments: