Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week 17 Dr. Appointment

Greeting to you All,
I am feeling much better this week. The nausea and yacking seem to be done, thank goodness!
I gained a whole pound in three weeks, I guess it is better than losing. Hopefully I can starting adding some healthy weight in the next 2 weeks. I am excited because it is Apple Season. My favorite are Honeycrisps and I am getting some in my fruit and veggie box from the community farm I am a member of, tomorrow.
I did get more clarification from my Dr. about what happened a week and a half ago. Here I was thinking I tore my uterine muscle. When I mentioned it that way today the nurse corrected me. I guess I have slight placenta previa, which is a small bit of placenta over my cervix. That was what caused the bleeding. The Dr. is not worried because as my uterus grows it should pull the placenta up and out of the way. I was also told there may be more bleeding as this adjusting takes place and to keep them updated.
What a relief to know that was the issue. Here I was starting to worry that my vision of a natural birthing would be effected by a torn muscle. Needless to say I feel better knowing it wasn't as bad as I thought. And getting the heads up about more bleeding will make me feel less panicky if it should happen again.

Hubby wants to go shopping...so I am off to Lowes.
Blessing and good wishes for health and happiness!
Elizabeth :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are feeling better :)
Kyria