Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week 18 Half way there....

I am starting to feel better...finally. I have my good days and bad...but mostly now I am just really hungry. Hungry for fruit and carbs and soda. Basically lots of calories. I don't have that "cute pregnant look" yet so I am sorry to those who want to see pictures of my belly...ain't gonna happen. I still look like I have 2 big fat rolls with a crease at the waist. My belly button is getting shallower by the day so hopefully the waist will disappear and I will look rounder and more pregnant. Then I will post some pictures. Here I am wishing for roundness....I am sure in another 8-10 weeks I will be so uncomfortable!

I do look pregnant in my maternity shirts and waddle when I walk so most people get it, specially if I hold my tummy. Right now the tightest part of my tummy is the top roll. Baby A on the bottom (Chance) is constantly moving and jostling Baby B (Zoe). So Baby B is trying to get away from Baby A by crawling up under my stomach. I can still breath well but eating is a whole other story. And Yes, those are names we have picked out, if I haven't mentioned them here before. And No, the genders are not confirmed yet. I have my level 2 ultrasound scheduled at 21 weeks and hopefully the babies will cooperate and we will get some sort of idea. I will let you all know what we find out.

I am starting to accumulate baby stuff already. Being the thrifty person I am, there are lots of hand me downs coming my way. I already have one pack and play (a small portable crib and what my babies will be sleeping in) one infant car seat (still being used by my niece Cecelia) two boppie pillows and covers, one bouncy seat, one swing, one backpack style carrier and a great baby monitor. I have an antique dry sink that with a handy me down changing pad will be the changing station. I have chosen an antique dresser that I picked special from Bama's house for their clothes. (Robb's beloved Grandma who is no longer with us). Oh and I have heard about two new fleece blankets lovingly made by the babies Grandma Twila...but I haven't seen them yet. :)

I have a garbage bag and laundry basket full of new born - 9 months clothes from my sisters in law. I did a good job of grabbing all the neutral stuff I could. Which was really hard because the last 3 born on Robb's side of the family were girls, the first, second and third girl after 4 boys! So there was a TON of cute girl stuff....so I took some of that too. So now I need to unpack the clothes and take inventory of what I need. This weekend is the annual garage sale for my Mothers of Multiples Group. So I am trying to get Robb to go with me to pick out more of the larger ticket items at a good second hand price. Keeping it out of the landfill...that's what I am all about!!

I am half way through my pregnancy. Twins are usually born at 36-37 weeks instead of the normal 40 week for a singleton. Most of the time there is simply no more growing room and the placenta's start to deteriorate triggering delivery. If that doesn't happen I have heard it is pretty common for Dr. intervention around 37 weeks. I am determined to have as natural a birth as is healthy for me and the babies. So we will just have to see how things go.

I hope my update finds you all happy and healthy. Blessings and good Karma all around!
Elizabeth :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I think you so are showing, silly. And I can so tell you're preggers too, you are a cute pregnant woman, all glow-y.

Its a Berndt-DeGolier Life said...

I have a little baby carseat you can have =) Its Pink.